How has the EOS-M ended up fitting into your kit?

Started Feb 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,122
Re: How has the EOS-M ended up fitting into your kit?

calterg wrote:

Then why mention the em-1? Since its noisy even at iso200 and cost 2400 dollars. Even if it took better iq pictures, which it doesnt, it doesnt make sense to compare it to the m, sl1 or the 5d3.

One thing the em1 has going for it is that it can take pictures under the shower. Heck, I even switched it on and off under the shower a few times to test its water resistance at its launch.

I mention the E-M1 because I came very close to buying it.  A *lot* of people out there have no issues with noise at base ISO with the E-M1. There's also people who complain about noise at base ISO with the 5D3, which I personally don't.  Take into consideration the size/weight of a lens collection that goes beyond zooms and single prime, the m43 system has a lot going for it.

Knowing what I know now after handling these cameras *and* where I am at with my photography and the gear I currently own (i.e,. gear I decided to keep), I would buy an E-M1 or E-M5 (to save the money) over the SL-1 or EOS-M.

I decided to go Fuji-X instead.  That's a reflection on what is out there for current bodies and lens and what will probably be released over the next year.

As a Canon fanboy, I really hope Canon does release those L-glass lens upgrades I have been waiting years for and gets serious about the smaller/lighter markets that mirrorless represents and premium P&S doesn't really take care of.  If/when Canon does, I'll gladly be spending money on more Canon gear.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +48 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow