Sony RX100M2 Image Quality

Started Feb 27, 2014 | Questions thread
OP dpr4bb Senior Member • Posts: 1,290
Re: Sony RX100M2 Image Quality

2eyesee wrote:

It was commented on at the time how awful the Imaging Resource RX100M2 shots were. It was an early review and raised alarm bells for many (including myself), but as other reviews came through they didn't show the same problems. The default sharpening is less on the RX100M2 compared to the RX100, but that wasn't enough to explain the Imaging Resource images - they just look like they're out of focus.

My advice is no just ignore the Imaging Resource test shots - they are plenty of other RX100M2 reviews out there to form an opinion of it on. Just check out the New Studio Comparison tool here are DPR:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I looked at the New Studio Comparison tool, as you suggested, and the RX100M2 test images do not exhibit the softness that I saw in the imaging-resource.com review, so I think that most probably something was wrong with either the RX100M2 unit they tested or the way those shots were taken (or both).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow