Has anyone gone from a Sony to Canon?

Started Feb 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
Michel J Veteran Member • Posts: 4,009
Re: I can tell you why I never bought into the Sony A900/A850.

Rick Knepper wrote:

Milamemories wrote:

I have an A55, but I am thinking about buying a Canon or Nikon as well, please tell me why you left Sony and chose Canon.

Thanks

No Live View. These days, I don't think Sony's current cameras have this issue but there is always something strange about a Sony cam. The A99 translucent mirror? No thanks. Is the A99 discontinued now

Not at all, both cameras (A77/A99) are absolutely present in the lineup (at this moment in time):

http://store.sony.com/alpha-dslr-cameras/cat-27-catid-Alpha-DSLR-Cameras?SR=nav:electronics:cameras_camcorders:Alpha_dslr_cameras:ss

This make the rest of your post, mostly irrelevant.

Moreover, Hasselblad just launch his Flagship with Sony Alpha-mount:

http://www.hasselblad-hv.com/

Tell me I am dreaming!

It seems that Hassy did not consider that there was any lacking on A-mount lenses! This was in 2006, not now!

and are the A7(r)s the new FF flagships at Sony? Sony first abandons FF DSLRs, then (maybe) the translucent mirror FF and then what? abandons mirrorless FF if the A7(r)s don't perform? Sony needs to find a platform for FF, get on a regular schedule of upgrades and then build out a mature set of lenses i.e. stellar set of zooms and primes for professionals and advanced non-professionals, then offer a set of consumer versions.

The SLT-EVF system, is the most advanced system for professionnals, and it the industry already, imho.

It's juste the fact you pay 1/4th of it's real price, what makes you thinking that? >>>

-- hide signature --

Cordialement,
Michel J (Editor-in-chief of a Swiss Magazine)
« Shoot RAW+ ...think JPEG »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow