Canon iP 8720
Started Feb 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
Here's the Canon-USA webpage on that printer:
- It uses the semi-mysterious CLI-251 cartridge
- Cart is fully opaque, with chip placed so as to possibly be difficult to reset
- I think the cart is relatively low capacity like the CLI-221/CLI-226 ... 9 ml instead of 13 ml for the CLI-42 used in the Pro-100.
- I don't think there is a resetter available, if you are thinking of refilling
- the iP8720 has 5 dye colors ... CYMK and also Gray, so it should be capable of great prints
- Like the Pro-100, it is capable of 13x19" prints
- I'd think the Pro-100 ... with $300 to $400 rebate ... would be a better choice
- If you are wanting to refill your ink, I think the Pro-100 would be a much better choice.
- if you are planning to always use oem-ink (not refill), I'd still be inclined to pick the Pro-100.
- I'm pretty sure the ink cost per usable ml would be higher with the iP8720
- If you are planning to refill, you might consider getting a NIB (new-in-box) Pro 9000-2 until the refilling status of the Pro-100 matures. Or a used 9000-2 from Craigslist if you know what you doing to evaluate the print-head.
- My 2¢ ... YMMV
l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +28 more
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow
|Moorhen Steps by Nader El Assy|
from Get moving
|Morning frost by Kaappo|
from Letterbox format (2:1 ratio at least)
|Boulders and the Milkyway-4483 by vbuhay|
from Adrift in space and time - our place in the Universe
Most popular cameras
Top threads in this forum