two camera systems is cheaper than one?

Started Feb 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
Osvaldo Cristo
Osvaldo Cristo Veteran Member • Posts: 4,294
Compromise

Alex Notpro wrote:

I've been "stuck" with two camera systems (Full Frame & Micro Four Thirds) now for almost a year... I really want to get down to one system, but it seems there is no way out

The idea behind replaceable lens cameras was to offer a broader range of options, more flexibility in order to optimize the use of the camera and by end the camera system.

Unfortunately as all in the life, when going to the more extreme situations you will have to stretch something. You will need to cope with some compromise.

Personally I have one single system based on Nikon APS-C sized sensor D300S (D200, D100) and a collection of a dozen different lenses (mostly Nikkors). For me they present the best trade off between image quality, ergonomics and flexibility. They are not great for all situations, but can work at virtually all of them and at most of them with very good performance.

[Well, I have my small P&S Nikon P7800 also - but it does not consist in a "system" by itself]

All the best,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Osvaldo Cristo's gear list:Osvaldo Cristo's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon D810 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +32 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow