Yongnuo YN-560 III has built in receiver

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
fotowbert
fotowbert Senior Member • Posts: 2,836
YN560III works for me

daviddavis71 wrote:

It says it has built in RF, but I bought the yn560III and the RF603N, but can not get the flash to fire unless it is on the hot shoe of the camera or mounted on top of one of the RF603's.

I thought you were supposed to be able to fire the flash without having to mount it on a 603. The flash recognizes a button press because the blue light flashes, but the flash doesnt fire.

Is it me? Am I doing something wrong or am I misunderstanding how this should work.

daviddavis71,

My recently purchased yn560III built-in rf receiver works as advertised. With rf603NII trigger in hot shoe and yn560III set to built in rf trigger mode I get constant blue indicator light on flash while camera meter is live and flash fires upon shutter press. Blue light goes out when camera meter times out.

When triggering the flash with the rf603NII hand held I get blue indicator light on yn560III upon half-press of the trigger button and it fires upon full-press. The rf603NII trigger is set to "TX" mode to force it into transmit mode since it is not in hot shoe.

The original rf603N trigger does not have the "OFF TX TRX" switch so must sense it is in a live Nikon hot shoe before it will operate as transmitter. Perhaps that is your problem.

Also check the setup menu for it being set to operate as rf603 compatible and not rf602.

• John
 fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow