G11 Autofocus Failure
My G11 was repaired a while back because it kept losing the date/time settings. They replaced the "conduit system" (whatever that may mean). The date/time settings are fine now, but the camera frequently fails to focus.
- In P, AV, TV and M modes I always get a yellow focus frame and the picture will often be out of focus when not zoomed in.
- When zoomed in half way or more, focusing seems to be ok in P/AV/TV/M.
- Focusing seems to mostly work in Auto-Mode (e.g. when I try to take a landscape photo in P mode that absolutely won't focus, switching to Auto without changing anything in the picture setup will typically get reasonable results).
The camera is running firmware 1.00L. I tried a factory reset.
Unfortunately, the warranty on that repair is over, and that repair shop also overcharged me on their estimate, so going back there isn't really an option.
Has anyone seen this kind of issue? Do you think it's mechanical (the fact that it somehow seems to be related to zoom makes me think it could be, but on the other hand, it does work a lot better in auto mode without changing anything about the zoom)? Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%