Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?

Started Feb 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
gotompoes Regular Member • Posts: 498
Re: Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?

Daiken wrote:

I've been considering it but I'm hesitant for three main reasons. One, I'm afraid of giving up the size of the MFT format. I chose the format because I emphasized portability over all else. Second, all the lenses I'm looking for aren't out yet, particularly the 16-55 f2.8 lens which I hear is going to be quite large. And three, at the lowest ISO settings, I'm seeing MFT being a lot sharper than Fuji image samples which has me a bit worried. The high ISO is nice, but I do most of my shooting at low ISO settings. Plus everyone on the Fuji forum seems afraid to ever upload full size image samples so I can't pixel peep.

Understand your reasons but my observation is that i get much nicer, smooth, silky and sharp files with the Fuji system. The 23 and 14 mm are really fantastic lenses at least as good as the Panasonic Leica 25 mm or the Olympus 75 mm. Even at low ISO i see grain in the m 4/3 files, that is my main reason to move away from m 4/3. If you need solid and fast AF then Fuji is not a good solution.
The Olympus 12 mm is not as good as the Fuji 14 mm and the Olympus 17 mm is not a particular good lens, the 23 mm Fuji wins by quite a margin.

gotompoes's gear list:gotompoes's gear list
Leica Q Leica SL (Typ 601) Fujifilm X-Pro2 Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow