Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?

Started Feb 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
gotompoes Regular Member • Posts: 498
Re: Looks like I'll be keeping my EM5

dadaoftwo wrote:

Just got a chance to test the XT-1 - a BIG disappointment for me:

1. There was lag on the EVF, not miniscule lag, but very discernible, especially when panning and there was shutter lag as well, not on all shots, but it was there.

2. AF - there was hunting, and it wasn't exactly a challenging environment, lots of bright light, ISO @ 800.

3. Continuous AF - THE function/feature I was sure would win me over - I did not manage to nail a single sharp image, it did track the subjects I was pointing at, but none were sharp - maybe the shutter speed was too slow, but I switched to S-AF and it was fine with the same shutter speed.

I know this won't be a popular opinion on these boards, but I will wait for the next iteration of the XT series to see how it goes.

A plus though is the beautiful pictures OOC, I really wanted to like this camera....

A dilemma, much nicer files but AF is by not as good as with the E M1. That's why i keep some m 4/3 equipment for applications requiring fast AF. My policy is to scale down the m 4/3 equipment and slowly building up a Fuji configuration. No doubt the next Fuji camera will have fast AF.
For a lot of applications the Fuji AF will be good enough.

gotompoes's gear list:gotompoes's gear list
Leica Q Leica SL (Typ 601) Fujifilm X-Pro2 Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow