70D Dynamic Range is actually great, despite what DXOMark says

Started Jan 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
Sol Invictus
Sol Invictus Regular Member • Posts: 481
Re: Who can you trust? Your eyes only...

I happen to be one of those guys that chose a camera body only after reading numerous reviews of various camera models. I currently own a Canon EOS 700D, a model that seems to be inferior in iq, noise etc. compared to the 70D. Before that I used the Sony NEX-6. Among the reasons I chose the NEX-6 was it's dynamic range and noise specs. All seemed great on paper.

But you know what? I run some tests among the two, both with kit lenses on. The outcome? The Canon EOS 700D produced images with better dynamic range, more detail, far better color rendition and less noise overall (sharpness was also better but I guess this relates more to the lens and not to the sensor-processor combo). How can this be?

Next time, trust your eyes more than those reviews...

-- hide signature --

To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour...

Sol Invictus's gear list:Sol Invictus's gear list
Sony a7 Sony a7R II Sony FE 70-200 F4 Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow