Is it crazy to consider leaving my D800 at home while I travel

Started Feb 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
Gazza Wilson Regular Member • Posts: 216
Re: Is it crazy to consider leaving my D800 at home while I travel

Hi Allen. If I had your gear I would take the D800 with the 24-120 mounted, and the 28 F1.8 in your pack for when the light drops. I am 66 years old and until recently took my best SLR/lens combo on holidays. Then 3 years ago I decided to leave the Nikon at home and take just a Canon S90 on a 6 week trip to Europe to save weight - What a mistake!! I found myself in stunning locations, but was disappointed with the image quality I got. So I dumped the Canon, and last year on a trip to New Zealand I took a Sony RX-1. The images from that full-frame 24 megapixel camera were great, but I then didn't have the flexibility I was used to. So now this year I am going to spend 2 months in the UK and then a week in Paris and I have decided to go back to lugging the Nikon. I won't take the D4 but have decided that the D610 with 24-70 will cover just about everything I want to photograph, and I am going to take my 28 f/1.8 for going to the pub/restaurant and when the light is low.

Cheers,

Gary.

Gazza Wilson's gear list:Gazza Wilson's gear list
Nikon D500
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow