Is it crazy to consider leaving my D800 at home while I travel

Started Feb 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
Brad Davis Regular Member • Posts: 236
Re: Is it crazy to consider leaving my D800 at home while I travel

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

I don't think I could bring myself to leave the D800 at home, but no one would blame you if you did :^) The D800 plus mid zoom fits in a smallish fanny pack turned around to the front for easy, not too dorky looking access, and an Optek foam strap spreads the load pretty well for shoulder carry.

I just don't like mft output, so that would be a no go for me. The 24-120 would be a great all around lens and maybe all you'd need. As a secondary position, like Steve says, the D5300 with 16-85VR would give a very good account of itself.

Good suggestion here--my Inca Trail/Machu Picchu pack included a D600 w/ 24-120 and a 28mm prime.  Also had a Sony RX100 in my pocket while hiking with the DSLR in the pack.  This setup worked well and wasn't overly heavy.  I too contemplated leaving the D600 at home, but knew I would be disappointed not to have it along.  Sure enough, I was awfully glad to have it the few times I really wanted to capture some special shots.

Have a great trip and post some photos when you return!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow