Does anyone else find A77 jpegs utterly horrible?

Started Feb 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
EvilOne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,469
Re: Does anyone else find A77 jpegs utterly horrible?

I never claimed to be a good photographer.. I'm always qualifying what I see in a photograph that I feel I can give good and honest critique.

I've shoot in RAW and have shot in JPEG. I use to shoot RAW all the time.. when I got my A77, I found that the images I could get via the JPEG engine and the ones I got from RAW where not worth the difference in time. I'm not a Pixel Peeper, or worry too much about noise. I usually do not shoot in low light, and I do not seek photographic excellence.. My focus is on capturing the memory. The " Fun " for me is in the composition and trying to tell a story with the shot.. not to obsess over pixel peeping.

For me the JPEG are more than capable of me printing or viewing . Anyone who calls the Jpegs from an A77 either has a bad camera, or they are so obsessed with photographic excellence that they completely loos sight of the fact that photography is suppose to be fun, not a disappointment because anything less than perfection is unacceptable or horrible.

At my age, I have found the answer to the secret of life.. and that is: " to be Happy everyday "... the secret of life is definitely not Pixel peeping.

Bill aka EO

EvilOne's gear list:EvilOne's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Nikon Coolpix 990 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow