+*+*+*+ You and your m43 this week +*+*+*+

Started Feb 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Michael L NYC 99
Michael L NYC 99 Senior Member • Posts: 4,520
Re: Hawks and more

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

yyr wrote:

1st and 3rd - nice composition and a bit different from what you usually see - I like them. 2nd birdie is a bit chopped IMO I would have liked to have seen more of him. Having said that you've captured him in a good pose and his face is appealing.

I was close enough that I could zoom all that way in with my 50-200 1.4 TC combination so I wanted to see what it would look like to get a shot like that which didn't require a crop.

I agree with Michael that these are not as sharp as you might want them to be. When I look at bird pictures (which I'll admit is not often) I am amazed by the detail and sharpness.that some people manage to capture.

They were taken hand held through a window. Do you (Michael, Anyone) think it was the hand held or the window that increased the dullness of my photos?

The park I went to was great for birds but the light left something to be desired. I will see if any are worth sharing after I run this through Lightroom at home.

At the moment, I am at my sister's house waiting for slow cooked barbequed ribs to finish on the grill and Au Gratin Potatoes to finish baking in the oven. Yum!

I suspect it's camera shake more than the glass barrier. I don't have an OMD, but I think IBIS still would have trouble when shooting a long focal length hand held. Try using a monopod or better, a tripod, and see if you get better results. You also shot at base ISO. You definitely have room to increase ISO for a faster shutter.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha 7R II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow