3rd Party Chargers: Are they safe for the batteries?
First things first: I am not scared that a 3rd party charger is going to burst into flames any more than I am my official Nikon charger will.
However, are 3rd party chargers safe for the battery itself? is there any reduction in battery life? Is there anything to look out for besides a low rating in customer reviews?
Sepcifically, I want to get a EN-EL14A (I have an EN-EL14) for my D5200 and an additional charger. But seeing as the Nikon charger is $50, I thought maybe I would try this one for $15:
Or maybe just get a Nikon MH-24 on ebay for $20.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4