Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?

Started Feb 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
jcharding Senior Member • Posts: 2,306
I'm a dual user

I've been using an EM5 system (with a lot of glass) and a Fuji XPro/X100 system side by side for a year and a half.  I have increasingly been favoring the Fuji system, even in instances when I know the OMD would do better (AF in a kid's dance class).

I pre-ordered an XT1 (never pre-ordered before), and my expectation is that it will push m43 further towards neglect.  I expect to start selling select 43 and m43 glass.  My Oly 12mm has barely been used since I bought the Fuji 14mm.  And the 43 mount 150/2, while spectacular, isn't used enough to justify keeping it.

m43 still has certain glass advantages (the compact size of the Oly 75-300 is very handy), but just as m43 is "good enough" image quality wise for virtually all photographic situations, the Fuji system is "small enough" so that I don't mind the bump up in size.  But of course, carrying a D2X, 17-35, 50mm and 70-200 as a base kit kind of skews my thoughts for what big and small are.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow