NX1 rumours - for what it's worth...

Started Feb 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
ttbek Veteran Member • Posts: 4,838
Re: NX1 rumours - for what it's worth...

mrggt wrote:

Lets get some more rumours in here ^_^.

http://photorumors.com/2014/02/08/what-to-expect-from-samsung-in-2014-nxf1-nx1-lenses-no-full-frame/

Pay attention to the comments as well.

I still don't think it will run Android though, and my reasoning here is not entirely baseless.

I could see it running on android iknow the galaxy camera has not been well taken but I am beginning to see that that is the way to go for future cameras and I have read a lot of posts by people on here saying that samsung needs a game changer and if they get it right it will be a game changer. As for the pro market would this not be good for reportage photographer's? Upload your pics straight to an editor as it happens.

The thing is, using Android will be detrimental the performance of the camera (I know some here might argue otherwise, but this is a statement I'll stand buy) and Tizen is just as capable for uploading pics straight to an editor.  Samsung has been making a push to get Tizen out on phones, TVs, and cameras for a reason.  Of course it is possible they may change course if Tizen is flopping too heavily in the phone market (due perhaps to things like lacking an app library like Android's, though despite there being a lot of apps, it doesn't feel to me like there are very many good ones out there for any phone yet).  I don't think there is a way to get Android right on a camera without rewriting most of the OS.  Maybe I'm wrong though.

ttbek's gear list:ttbek's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon EOS 5D Samsung NX300 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Samsung NX30 +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Arn
Arn
(unknown member)
MOD Taffy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow