WARNING: issues with B&H and A7

Started Feb 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
JeffGo Contributing Member • Posts: 840
Re: Wrong 2x

hip2 wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

lenshoarder wrote:

Matt_A wrote:

I think all the cameras I've bought from B&H and the Sony Store didn't come with tape sealing the box though.

Only P&S cameras tend to come with seals. Mirrorless and above don't. I think it's specifically so that people can open the up and play with them. Remember that the history of photo retailing was the local camera store. There, it was quite common for people to play with a camera before deciding to buy it.

One; all p&s are mirror less.

Two - Cybershot RX1s are sealed.

The A7R is also sealed

the RX1, being in the Cybershot line, could be considered a p&s even though it's one of the best cameras out there.

My a7r bought direct from Sony (online) was not sealed. Maybe it's a country thing. None of the Sony lenses I bought, and I have many, were sealed. And yes, when I go into a store I fully expect to put a lens on my camera and try it out. I often buy, but not always, and I don't see why the store would have to then discount the product and sell as used. That would drive the costs up even further.

JeffGo's gear list:JeffGo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7R II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow