Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?

Started Feb 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
JYPfoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,186
Re: Any current/former EM5 or EM1 owners considering a switch to XT-1?

I've sold off my E-M1 for the X-T1.  There were a few reasons.

- I love the Fuji output and colors but was always turned off by the sluggish of the AF and the slower response time.

- I had a X-E1 before the FW update to address AF but I disliked the laggy EVF and the sluggish AF but loved the output.  Since I had that camera I had a daughter so I need something with faster AF.

- Love the Fuji lenses, they seem to be really listening to photographers needs.

I love the E-M1 and if the X-T1 doesn't work out I have no reservations about getting another e-M1.  But something about the files from the E-M1 was lacking and that was with the 12-40 and the Panasonic 25.  Build quality was excellent, grip was super nice.  But I just didn't seem to connect with it as much as I thought I would.  The honeymoon phase wore off very quickly.

Plus the sale of my m4/3 kit allowed me to get the X-T1, with kit, the 35, a backup X-M1 for the wife with kit, and a 27 pancake.  I ordered the 56 and might get the 10-24 as well.

JYPfoto's gear list:JYPfoto's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow