G1X or G1Xm2 Flash questions
I am highly considering the G1XM2 with some specific shots in mind. What I would like to do use the G1Xm2 with wireless "TTL" triggers and two speedlites for group portraits outdoors with a nice landscape background. Preferably I would like to use these; Set of two Yongnuo TTL wireless triggers for Canon and these; Yongnuo YN-565 EX TTL because I will be hiking deep into the woods, but I could also use Pocket Wizards, or Radio Poppers with Canon 580EX 2's.
My questions are;
1. I know the G1Xm2 sync speed is 1/4000th but will I be able to control the external flashes with full power (not the reduced HSS High Speed Sync pulses) with TTL from the camera?
2. Or is the external flash control limited? I know I can use manual, but TTL just makes things easier and thats what I want to do.
3. Have any of you done this type of thing with the G1X? I would like hear your experiences with the on board flash and External Flashes with TTL. I have done this type of shot with my Canon T1i in the past with a 580 EXII and TTL cable but the HSS mode really made the flash power weak and not enough for a nice group shot. It works fine for one person or a couple, but not a group.
I think if I could get the full power power from the flash I could use a smaller aperture and get a decent amount of DOF for the background landscape.
I can do this with my Ricoh GR but there are no wireless TTL triggers for it so I can use a single TTL flash with a chord (don't know how to hook up two flashes with a TTL chord) or I could use manual flash triggered with "NON" TTL wireless triggers.
Thanks for your replies.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%