What does A6000 mean for the A77 replacement (good things IMHO)

Started Feb 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
EinsteinsGhost Forum Pro • Posts: 11,977
Re: What does A6000 mean for the A77 replacement (good things IMHO)

I really don't care for the SLT mirror, because tech moves forwards, no matter what.

I'm more worried about things like a nice grip, long battery life, a large articulating lcd, image stabilization, lots of manual control, native A-mount lens usage, good EVF. Things that you simply cannot get with a small sized camera.

Sometimes, with all of those things put into the camera, the size of E-mount cameras just doesn't really make sense (See: A3000) so to me, there will forever be a spot for A mount. It just may not be as mainstream.

It's very worrying though, as sony is completely silent on this. Saying "we're dedicated to A mount" means nothing if there aren't actual new bodies being released now and then.

May be because it is not smart to invest in minimal updates when going thru a transition being bet on. For Sony. If a6000 represents THE development we have been looking forward to, an a77 replacement launched a few months ago would be a poor idea not just for Sony but also consumers. The a77 is still one of the most capable top end APSc bodies out there, with outstanding AF speed. An a78 stop gap could have gotten a few sales at a higher price than a77 goes for but if a79 could get what future of A-mount is, the wait might be worth it: to Sony and to the consumers.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow