DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hans de Zomers Regular Member • Posts: 235
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager

fuego6 wrote:

Personally, I still think Idimager is the best of the bunch.. the new Supreme is top notch and version 2 is coming out in a few weeks that offers GPS panels which was sorely missing from the original version.

I agree that IDimager PhotoSupreme is still the leader of the pack. And I couldn't be happier with the major step forward that IDimager PhotoSupreme is when compared to its ancestor. Not only is it much easier to work with, it's also faster and rock solid. And the biggest bonus for me is that Photo Supreme works on my Vaio/Win8.1 laptop but also on my Mac computers.

I love the idea of Lightroom... all in one solution without the need to export updated images. but its DAM side of thing is sorely lacking... wish they would pay some attention to that in the next release.. but so far.. nothing!

Lightroom is what I use to develop my CR2 raw files and I love the quality of the RAW converter and the lens corrections, and the overall editing capabilities. As you mentioned, their DAM capabilities are lacking in many areas. That probably makes LR a good management solution for those with little DAM needs/requirements who already use LR as their editor.

Photographers primarily choose Lightroom for its (RAW) editing capabilities. That alone is enough to conclude that you shouldn't expect their DAM features to grow significantly. Now that Adobe is playing with its CC licenses I am looking for a replacement for LR and currently lurking at DXO or Capture1.

Hans de Zomers's gear list:Hans de Zomers's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T4i Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow