Does the Fuji system mean I only shoot JPG ?

Started Feb 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 7,647
Re: Does the Fuji system mean I only shoot JPG ?

uniball wrote:

opsonic wrote:

Mistur wrote:

When I shoot Canon or Nikon, I shoot RAW. When I shoot Fuji I shoot JPEG because with only a few minor tweaks in Lightroom they look better than what I can get from the RAW file. You will be amazed at how good the images look SOOC.

Thank you Mistur -- you are the only one who actually understood what I was getting at.

-- hide signature --

"I'm really puzzled at how Fuji is getting all kinds of praise for their hardware but their software support / interpolation, whatever you want to call it is being ignored or forgotten, or maybe better said forgiven !?"

"It seems many successful Fuji shooters have some kind of hybrid workflow - does anyone know if this is going to get better -- soon ?"

It appears what you were "getting at" certainly was not communicated in what you wrote. What do you think a hybrid workflow is for, jpeg's? You shot NEX, the jpeg's are borderline unusable. I shot NEX as well for a while, I only shot raw.

Your entire question is raw software based and the answer you're looking for is because Fuji jpeg's are excellent. Mystified.

Puzzling indeed ...

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow