Advise about Pentax 20-40 Limited? (from users)

Started Feb 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PolarHki Regular Member • Posts: 339
Advise about Pentax 20-40 Limited? (from users)

I'm considering to get a Pentax 20-40 Limited lens with a Pentax K-3, for the purpose of a relatively small and light, weather-sealed, high-quality walk-around setup. However, the reviews about the lens are so far quite average to bad, particularly ephotozine and lenstip. On the other hand, reviews from sites that I trust more (photozone, dpreview, slrgear) are not yet available. Of course, if the optical quality of the lens would not even exceed the 18-55 WR as lenstip claims, then there would be hardly any argument for the Pentax 20-40 at that price point.

Therefore my questions to owners/users of the Pentax 20-40: How would you rate the optical quality of the lens as compared to:

a) The Pentax 18-55WR "kit lens";

b) The Pentax 16-50 f2.8 ?

(Of course, compared at similar zoom range and f-stop.)

Are there even any direct image comparisons available from people who own two/ all three of these lenses? Thanks in advance for any useful input!

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow