Interesting interview

Started Feb 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 7,384
Interesting interview

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/2466682090/cp-sigma-interview-we-have-survived-because-we-make-unique-products

Interesting interview with Kazuto Yamaki.  Some interesting facts he dropped

- less than 10% of Sigma's business is in cameras

- while the batter life on the Quattro will be better than the DP2 it won't be very good - 200 shots (compared to close to a 1000 with other brands).

- Quattro will have a 14 bit ADC which might aid in enhancing the dynamic range.

- Quattro raw files will be larger than the Foveon M sensor files 55 MB compared to 45 MB.

- The have been working on the Quattro since about 2005.

- Quattro has about one stop better ISO performance.

- he ledger his bets on supporting the A7 and AR7 lenses.

and a quote responding to "What do you think the next big opportunity will be? If you could do anything".

Answer

"Cameras. Our current market share is below 1% but I don't really think about it in those therms.  I don't have a specific target, I just want to make our camera business stable."

A pretty canid response.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +7 more
Sigma DP2 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow