Two printers?

Started Feb 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
William Porter Senior Member • Posts: 1,676
Re: Two printers?

gordonisbell wrote:

I have a good everyday printer and would like to add a printer solely dedicated to printing photos. I'm assuming this is possible and would simply be a menu choice of selecting what printer to use? Thanks in advance!

Absolutely, indeed, it is a good idea!

I use a Canon MG6200 for printing word processing documents, envelopes, etc. Occasionally I'll use it for quick, unimportant photo prints (mostly 4x6).

But for any print I am taking seriously, I've been using a Canon Pro 9000 MkII for photos (wow) and I just today ordered a Pro 100. These big printers do a much better job with photos than the small MG6200. But the inks are expensive. So I don't use the photo printers for anything but photos.

If you're in the USA and purchase before end of March, you can get the Pro 100 for an after-rebate price of less than $200, which I considered too tempting to pass up. But if you go this route, two tips: First, carefully check out the terms of the rebate. I don't want to steer you wrong and there are some other options, like buy the printer + certain papers and you can get a bigger rebate. (That's what I did.) The second tip is: remember to complete and mail the rebate on time! When I bought the Pro 9000-MkII, it had a great rebate too, but I stupidly forgot about the deadline. I sent the rebate request form in one day late and Canon rejected it. I was bummed — it was like a $200 mistake. But I can't blame 'em. I didn't follow the rules.

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow