WARNING: issues with B&H and A7

Started Feb 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
brudy Senior Member • Posts: 1,510
Re: WARNING: issues with B&H and A7

Clayton1985 wrote:

As far as I know B&H discontinued the max shutter count policy. Some of your points are valid but the retailers are big boys... if it is more beneficial to charge restocking fees and/or to limit returns then they have the freedom to do so.

A strict restocking or return policy applied universally is a good way for a retailer to lose my business. I don't typically try and buy and I don't abuse returns but I want the option to do so. Online retailers are smart enough to realize that we can try and buy in a brick and mortar store so they need to have reasonable return policies to compete. The consumer didn't create this environment... the online retailers did.

The consumer did in fact create this environment with collusion from Amazon. People are willing to throw brick and mortars to the wind for the cheapest price and the ability to return anything, to the detriment of places like B&H that have an actual storefront. This impacts local camera shops (which have virtually disappeared) and leaves only B&H, Samys, and a few others here in the US that also have a strong mail order/online component. I think B&H is doing all they can to compete against the Amazon behemoth. That said, they need to make sure that used items don't slip in to the new stream, but let's remember that B&H and Adorama aren't the mechanized retail army that Amazon is and things happen.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brudy

brudy's gear list:brudy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha a7R Fujifilm X-T10
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow