Which lenses to keep for the V1?

Started Feb 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
qwertycustom New Member • Posts: 21
Which lenses to keep for the V1?

I received a J1 kit with the 10-30mm and 30-110mm lenses. I'm planning on selling the J1 to buy a V1 because I'd really like to have a viewfinder. I'm a beginner trying to get into photography (please go easy on me guys) so I'm not really sure which lens I would end up using more. As of now, I'd like to keep my options as open as possible so that I can take nice pictures in a variety of different conditions and settings. The only thing I know is that I've read a lot of great reviews about the 18.5mm lens so I'm really leaning towards getting that one. So my plan was to get the 18.5mm and keep either the 10-30 or the 30-110. My initial instinct was that the 10-30 kit lens would add the most versatility but I'm not sure if I could perhaps be able to cover a lot of the use cases for that lens with the 18.5mm. Now I'm thinking that perhaps it's a better idea to stick with the 18.5 and keep the 30-110 for when I need some zooming rather than having a 10-30 that's a bit neither here nor there. But then again, I haven't actually gone out and played with the camera so I won't know for sure. I don't want to take out all the lenses and actually use them since I don't want to hurt the resale value too much and I'm working with a tight wallet (that's why I'm hoping selling the J1 plus one of the lenses could cover most of the cost for getting a used V1 and the 18.5mm). Any thoughts on V1/J1 users out there?

Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow