Yes, Sigma please give technical information

Started Feb 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,149
X3F format is known, just not sensor data or some data blocks.

Lord metroid wrote:

FDecker wrote:

They should lay open their various X3F formats in order to enable other software developers to support the Sigma cameras. And that's it. And I think they they did this in the past and will do it in the future.

Don't know if they released the format in the past, I got the impression from Roland's first post that he had to backward engineer the format from the file by trial and error. I believe his request was a plead to SIGMA to release the X3F format and the necessary algorithms to create an image from the RAW files so he can add support for the Quattro to his open source X3F extraction library.

The X3F file format is actually documented and known.  What is not documented are things like the conversion algorithms used, or special blocks of data captured.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow