Yes, Sigma please give technical information

Started Feb 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 20,062
Re: What and why....?

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Scott Greiff wrote:
Why don't you ask Sigma?

Arvo, and I and others have done that for previous cameras. Several times.

And you are expecting a different result...

Ever come across the definition of madness?

I would like that information also.  I've also asked before.  But it's pretty obviously at this point something they do not give out, or at least not to the public.

I still think you should ask Sigma, but an alternate approach would be to ask the Irident guy what he did.  Did he sign an NDA and get extra information?  Or did he just reverse engineer it?

My hope is that Sigma, at last, understands that being open here benefits them.

That's one view.  Another might be they don't want a lot of poor quality converters generating images they are judged by.  That's just one example of the kind of thought process that might lead to keep that info closed.

Or ... at least that it does not hurt them ... and is a quite nice gesture, giving them extra Karma.

They have all the Karma they could ever want just for continuing to make cameras.  They burn Karma for heat in the winter, or just to cook hot-dogs on.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow