Ballhead on G1227 and clearance
I have been researching online re the pros and cons of two different ballheads: Markins Q10 and RRS BH-40 to mount on Gitzo 1227.
I'm leaning towards the Markins Q10 with RRS plates and clamps for a D600 and D300. The clamp suggested for the Q10 is the RRS B2 LR II clamp. Is there a clearance issue for those that have this exact set up on the Gitzo 1227? I was told that the RRS B2-40 already on the BH-40 would be fine.
If I order the Markins and go with the RRS plates and clamps to put on the G1227, are there additional screws etc that I need to order as well?
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4