Started Feb 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 36,392
Re: Very nice

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

<...>

Well yes, but still a guess, and informed in some situations. You did remove some data from them- you removed red and green color accuracy.

That accuracy is maintained by the top layer, it's just a question of releasing it.

How can one layer maintain colour accuracy?

By correctly pulling apart bottom layer averages based on information also stored in the top layer.

No you can't. Dick explicitly talked on this. You lose color resolution so for some areas of a capture you can't.  In f act the very phrase  averages of data from the two bottom layers there already tells you that you lost something.  Whether the loss is easy to perceive or not is another matter.  My take is that it will vary per subject area being photogeaphed and whatever math techniques Sigma may indulge in, not unlike what other sensors like Bayer with missing data do.

<...>P.S. Isn't it nice that we have a forum where we can discuss how Foveon sensors work without moderators banning anyone who says other than they are in every way excellent?

-- hide signature --

Bob

That is why *I* moved the thread to this forum, so that we would get a wider range of discussion. Even from those who understand the topic less and have an axe to grind, but it's just the Technology forum so it's not like anyone is going to read it.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow