Sony A6000 has 11FPS shooting with AF. Is this good or bad for A Mount?

Started Feb 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 28,486
Sounds very promising...

At the very least, it opens up the option of the on-sensor PDAF now being much faster or more functional, even if combined with a traditional PDAF array in future A-mount bodies...and if the early previews and claims are correct, bodes well for the future possible removal of the mirror from A-mount bodies and keeping the level of subject tracking and continuous focus DSLR users are accustomed to.

As a NEX and A-mount user, I enjoy both cameras, but acknowledge that the NEX is slower at low light focusing and can't track focus pretty much at all compared to my A580.  I love seeing the advancement of the E-mount bodies if the claims hold true, and it tempts me to upgrade my NEX-5N...and at the same time, makes me a little more tempted by the A-mount bodies to come, since my two biggest issues were related to the loss of an OVF for an EVF when it comes to panning and tracking a subject through the finder while firing bursts, and with the fear that removal of the mirror would result in inferior PDAF tracking capability.  The EVF issue would still need to be overcome for me, but this would solve the PDAF tracking issue without a mirror if true.

And I still prefer to have a large, heavy, beefy DSLR-style body with substantial grip, huge battery, huge buffer, and lots of controls for shooting birds and wildlife with my A-mount lenses, so while I love my NEX and will continue to upgrade those bodies as needed, I will always want to have the larger DSLR style.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony SLT-A68 Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow