A6000 - losing touch

Started Feb 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
sean lancaster
sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 6,880
Re: A6000 - losing touch

parallaxproblem wrote:

120 to 35 wrote:

But with all the excitement about focusing speed, I find it strange that the cameras do not feature a touch screen.

The large number of PDAF points spread all over the frame is a great idea. Yet the quick focus-selection touch tool is missing.

I'm also sorry they didn't include a touch screen as I like it very much on my NEX-5R and think it has many benefits: touch to focus being the most important and very, very handy

I don't understand why Sony miss this feature off their 'better' cameras and think there must be a very stubborn marketing manager somewhere in their organisation who is doing them a lot of harm with his/her intransigence on this matter

My NEX 5N is getting old. My touch screen has no peeling or any damage after years of use. I kept a protective screen on it and it's still perfect. I would like to upgrade my Emount camera, but I use touch to focus with my 5N on nearly every shot to avoid focus and recompose. I use focus and recompose on my Canon 6D for every shot because moving the focus point is not quick enough when grabbing a quick shot. Or, I shoot with the center point and crop later. I still love my 5N for allowing me to put the focus on someone's eyes, for example, and get the shot exactly how I want it in an instant. My 5N will trudge on for now as my back up camera. I am a full frame shooter who uses an OVF on nearly every shot and I would jump at the opportunity for Sony to add a touch screen (with an ON/OFF option because I know people hate it) to a good camera like what they're offering in the A6000. Sigh.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow