D7100 - Question about VF DOF, HDMI Output and Picture review

Started Feb 12, 2014 | Questions thread
Flat view
turnschuh Regular Member • Posts: 285
D7100 - Question about VF DOF, HDMI Output and Picture review

Im using the D7100 for a quite a while and I have come to 3 Problems or Questions I could not find any answers.

1) What is the Viewfinder "DOF"/Aperature when for example using a 50mm F1.8 Lens?

I noticed the DOF is a lot bigger when looking through the viewfinder then in the final Image. After some research I think its either because there is also some light going to the metering and AF systems or that some light is blocked from the Viewfinder (for whatever reason). I dont mind but what Aperature would bring me the same DOF as I see in the Viewfinder? Is there a formular to calculate the viewfinder "Aperature"?

2) I like the in-Camera RAW Processing is it possible to do that over hdmi?

I tested it with my TV but when I plug in the cable I only got two options, slideshow or show pictures. I wish the hdmi output would just mirror the screen to the hdmi. Is that possible?

3) When I review a picture on the LCD Screen the resolution is very low until I prezz the [+] Button, any way to fix that?

Test for yourself: Take a picture and review it in on the LCD, now zoom in in the Picture and notice that the orginal review picture is at a mutch lower resolution than the zoomed in part. The orginal review picture is kinda washed out. Hard to explain.

turnschuh's gear list:turnschuh's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Nikon 24mm F1.8G ED +1 more
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow