D800 Live View Problem?
The d800 Live View implementation is probably the biggest failing of the camera. In low light, it is so noisy as to be of little utility when focusing.
Using a larger screen such as a CamRanger / iPad helps considerably. This also allows you to perform a focus bracket using very fine lens movements. The viewfinder is also perfectly cromulent.
I'll bet the D800s fixes that issue - it's a big sticking point for an otherwise incredible camera.
I break things.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%