Are you going to "punish" Nikon if there is no V3 at CP+?

Started Feb 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IVN Senior Member • Posts: 1,839
Are you going to "punish" Nikon if there is no V3 at CP+?

For quite some time now I've had the feeling that I've mastered the V1 and that now I need something even better to help me develop my photography skills further. What I need is 1-2 stops better low light performance, better EVF with focus-peaking (+ many other "firmware" features which we've discussed at great length in many threads here) and additional lenses. I was really hoping that Nikon would announce a much more powerful V-series camera at CP+.

Now that a V3 announcement seems more and more unlikely, I'm beginning to ponder over what to do next. I think I'm going to wait until CP+ is over, and if there is no V3, I'm going to "punish" Nikon by investing in another system. I'm not sure which. Fuji X, mFT and NEX all look interesting. X-E2, X-T1, E-M10 and Alpha 6000 all look great and all offer lenses which I need, except for super-telephoto, which is only available for mFT. In any case, if there is no V3, I'm not going to wait any longer, nor am I going to invest in a system which's future is uncertain and which is being marketed this badly. In regards to N1 Nikon is behaving like an evil stepmother...

What's your take on this? As a Nikon 1 user, do you feel that Nikon has an obligation to you and are you planing to "punish" them if they don't commit to the V-series and develop it further?

Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
IVN
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow