E-3 cracked top LCD and weathersealing?
Just a question to the cognoscenti.
I accidentally dropped a ballhead onto the top of my E-3 (don't ask - it was a very stupid move) and the top LCD display is now cracked. See pictures below:
Right now, I've got some clear packing tape keeping things together. Eventually, I'll get some gaffer's tape and seal the edges and to make sure that the glass doesn't come off.
Anyway, I'm sure the answer is obvious - what is the impact to weathersealing?
I'm not planning on shooting in the rain, however, I do plan on doing long exposures at night to get star trails, so I may end up outside for hours. During this time, moisture in the air and dew may get on the camera.
I don't think that sending the camera in to Olympus is an option - since I'll probably end up paying a considerate sum for it and I got my E-3 for effectively, a song.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%