external flash to use with A7

Started Feb 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
halfmonkey Regular Member • Posts: 226
external flash to use with A7

I'm on the fence with purchasing the A7 and with it's new bundle that was just released, I think I'm about to make the leap. I do have a question though as the bundle is currently offering to buy the camera with the HVL-F60M and receive a $450 discount which will basically means that the flash will only cost about $100 to purchase. On the other hand, the HVL-F20M is not part of this bundle so it would be $150 to add. On the surface, it would seem that the F60M is clearly the better flash but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something by going with the package and getting the F60M.

I do realize it is a much larger flash which kind of goes against the smallish nature of the A7 and 55mm prime but the F60M seems to be a little more complete in terms of its abilities and it basically comes out to being $50 less expensive than if I were to get the F20M, as not part of the bundle package.

Am I missing something or is this really a good deal?

halfmonkey's gear list:halfmonkey's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Sony RX100 V Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.4
Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow