Started Feb 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 36,392
Re: On Foveon X3 Quattro...

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

<...>

It seems the blues overlap with a lower resolution layer of red & green, and the red & green are aligned. So effectively the only thing that changes in a "quadrant" of red-green is the blues.

That's only if you go by the diagram Sigma put up, which could be just simplifying things for clarity. But I agree it seems like the most likely possibility.

I bet that's what it is. I mean, it would be an advantage to some extent to overlap the layers, and I think marketing would take care of that ON the other hand, it would make interpolation more complicated.

Sure but that "more complicated interpolation" is already out of the barn and in the neighbors pasture with the differing layer sensor count...

The interpolation would still be different from Bayer, so it would have to be developed.

I agree that marketing is unlikely to miss a chance to tout that though.

Yup

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow