Dumbest Question You Probably Will Be Asked All Day- Flash Control

Started Feb 9, 2014 | Questions thread
Phoebe1
OP Phoebe1 Regular Member • Posts: 179
Re: Next Question(s) - APERTURE / "3 clicks from smallest number"

okie dokie.  I FINALLY have the settings in the camera I need.  Just to review here is what the displays show:

Raw

f8

WB AUTO

ISO 100

Release Mode Single Frame

Focus Mode Auto Server

AF Area Mode Single Point

Metering Matrix

Exposure and Flash Compensation both on 0

55 on the lens dial

VR OFF

Noise Reduction OFF

I don't see the setting you were talking about in your last reply, does that have to do with using a remote trigger?  I don't have one.  But I did set the delay to 5s

One more things, sorry.  I took many test shots earlier, before meeting you, with a black background behind the canvas because I was instructed to have as much black around as possible.  I sure put my black clothes to the test. The shots were awful, ( but I didn't have these settings,)  so I went back to what I had been doing before that which was taking pics of the canvas set against a white foam board.  While learning what I need to do for the settings I was taking test shots of the canvas against the white board and they were coming out a little better actually.

But now that I have these "correct" settings should I put all the black back?  By the way my lighting is not optimal.  I had purchased CFL Daylight bulbs as was suggested as a substitute for shooting outdoors and I didn't know they had to be a special kind.  These have a K that is much higher than recommended.  And I don't know what the CFI is.  I just thought they were better than the regular ole household light bulbs I had.

What do you say I should do regarding the black vs. white background now?

P.

-- hide signature --

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!" - Unknown

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow