Strange A6000 spec's ?

Started Feb 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
Digital Nigel Veteran Member • Posts: 5,503
Re: Strange A6000 spec's ?

Tuloom wrote:

Kashmir442 wrote:

Why would you be surprised if the specs of the EVF match the A7? That's Sony's current best and a good step up from the NEX-6 and -7 versions.

To me the specs sound good, given that it's anticipated to be the NEX-6/7 successor, but it's the price that seems odd - a bit too low. I hope that means that the sensor isn't just the one from the NEX-7 warmed over with PDAF. It would be fantastic to get a little bump in high-ISO performance for this camera, even if it's just a third of a stop or so.

Also very curious to see if they've managed to do anything about the wide-angle lens issues of the current 24 MP sensor.

I would be shocked, pleasantly so, but still shocked if the sensor was actually new or if wide RF lenses worked any better than on the NEX-7.

The NEX-7's 24mp sensor dates from 2011, so it would be surprising if the new 24mp 2014 sensor doesn't have newer technology, including PDAF. After all, the new 20mp sensor in the cheaper new E-mount cameras is a step up from the old 16mp sensor, so why wouldn't the sensor in a more expensive camera not also be a step up?

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow