Camera to satisfy "action" needs: 6D or 70D?

Started Feb 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jonathan Brady
OP Jonathan Brady Veteran Member • Posts: 6,306
Re: Camera to satisfy "action" needs: 6D or 70D?

I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the IQ differences between the two, and especially the ISO advantage of FF and the 6D in general. What I'm really looking to find out is...

Jonathan Brady wrote:

I'm wondering if upgrading to either a 70D or 6D would provide further improvements (in AF acquisition/speed).

My question is - is the AF speed of the 6D fast enough - especially the outer points - to keep up with a toddler?

My question here is - is the speed in acquiring focus improved with the 70D over the 7D (meant to say 60D)? Also, are the outer AF points at least as good (or better) than the outer points of the 60D (I assume they're better but want to make sure)? Does Al Servo work any better with the 70D?

But I'm really curious about the ability of the 6D to keep up with my daughter as the IQ improvements are also important.

Any help with this?

Thanks!

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Sony a9 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow