a7R rear LCD display defect

Started Feb 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
blue_skies Forum Pro • Posts: 11,403
Re: a7R rear LCD display defect

Richard Mauro wrote:

I have owned a Sony a7R since January 27th. Today, February 8th, I noticed what appears to be a defect at the left edge of the rear LCD display. I will post pics but there is a clear problem from at least halfway at the left side to the top left corner edge that looks as though the glass is separating from the frame. It has a bubbly look to it. The kind of appearance when a screen protector is applied to a smartphone display and the edges don't adhere well.

I am going to contact Amazon tomorrow to have this replaced and also let Sony know. I don't have the photos because I noticed it after dark and trying to get proper light on the portion is difficult. I will post after taking photos in daylight.

I couldn't wait to get this information out and wonder if anyone has noticed this as well.

Richard

Did you remove the factory installed protection sheet? It may be just that.

Otherwise, it should be covered under warranty. Nex displays have been noted to also not hold up over time. People that use additional protection (soft or hard) seem to fare better than those who don't - but I bet it relates to usage frequency and amount of direct sun-light exposure as well.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony Alpha a7R II +36 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow