Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started Feb 6, 2014 | Polls thread
Mark H
Mark H Veteran Member • Posts: 3,728
DRM...

malch wrote:

lemon_juice wrote:

Blu-Ray is a digital video format and you can place the exact same data on a hard drive and use a hardware or software player with HDMI out to your large screen TV and x-channel sound system to deliver the exact same audio-visual quality.

In my view, it's more flexible, convenient, and cost effective.

Technically you are right but not so much in practice because where can you download full quality >40 GB films to play from your hard drive?

There are almost no (legal) sources.

But that's not a technical issue. It's simply an industry choice and one that is really bad for consumers, in my view. That in itself is a pretty good reason to hate Blu-Ray.

I have to disagree.

Why should the consumer automatically/by default be granted any right to duplicate something they buy, for whatever purpose.

If you were the producer/seller you have the right to impose almost whatever reasonable terms and conditions of sale that you choose - the producer/seller has the right to protect their businesses' best interests.

The consumer is just buying a 'copy' along with the limited right to personal use of that copy - that's a perfectly reasonable deal - and no different to many, if not most, other consumer products.

It is up to the 'consumer' to either accept those terms of sale/purchase, or simply to choose not to buy.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow