Penrax K3 weather sealing problem.

Started Feb 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
me_tarzan Regular Member • Posts: 236
Penrax K3 weather sealing problem.

I just went out in light rain with my Pentax K3. All seals closed on the camera. (I've had a Pentax K7 and K5 for years and know what they can and can't do). After about 15 minutes in the rain, I noticed water getting into the top display box. The camera still is working after 1 hour but the presence of water in this part of the camera hardly inspires confidence. I'm assuming the camera was made either with a mal positioned seal or possiblya missing seal. Obviously I'll take it to the camera so tomorrow and complain but I wondered if anyone else has had this problem? I was using the 18-135 WR lens, which I use regularly on the K5 (in the rain) and have never had a problem. The rain wasn't even heavy. It was what I'd refer to as heavy spitting or light rain. Not happy as I was told the K3 was even more sealed than the K5 and K7. I've taken some pictures with my Galaxy Note 3 (even that didn't let water in) if anyone's interested.
Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Ian
Queensland, Australia.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow