Which manual lens from the following?

Started Feb 8, 2014 | Questions thread
OP bobvarakrit Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: Which manual lens from the following?

vkphoto wrote:

bobvarakrit wrote:

I'm using Fuji XE1. I have 35mm, 18-55 (thinking about selling it), and 55-200. At first, i was going to buy all Fuji prime lens since they are of high quality. But for some reasons, i want to get into the world of manual focus lens. I'm not looking for a world's sharpest lens, for that we have Fuji available. I just want to cover myself with cheaper manual focus lens in all prime FL.

I have written down the price together with the model name. I just want to know if there are a lot of difference between these lens. I have read reviews of these lens but I cant really find one where they compare to each other.

50mm

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm F1.8 /M42 170 usd

Minolta MD Rokkor-X 50mm F1.4 135 usd

Yashica ML 50mm F1.7 85 usd

Thank you

Bob

Difficult to recommend because all legacy lenses have their own "character".

I can suggest OLYMPUS G.ZUIKO AUTO-S 50 mm f:1.4 if you find one for less than $100.

Some time ago I compared several legacy lenses, your can find it by searching my blog for "six classic legacy lenses"

Yes, i have read this one earlier.  What was your favorite among these?  In your conclusion you mentioned that it was in term of sharpness.  how would you rate those in term of character?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow