Blue Jay on Landing
I have opportunity to capture images of Blue Jays. Being a larger bird (same bird family as crows?) they are a bit easier to get into fast focus. Of course they are quite beautiful.
This capture was taken just as he reached out to grab the feeder, note the two seeds that have jumped up because his claw hit them as he landed.
This image is a bit sharper than the last two I posted and more acceptable to me as an image worth keeping. His positioning with the tail below the frame is unfortunate and is something I will continue to try to include.
Also note his breast feathers are bulged out. This is how they keep warmer when the weather is as cold as it is here. The temp when this was taken as about 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
I keep on trying.
No camera bodies, lens, small children, animals or other photographers were harmed in the making of this photo or expression of these views.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%