Canon 5D mark III in street photography

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Questions thread
NDaniel Contributing Member • Posts: 730
Re: Canon 5D mark III in street photography

Mike160179 wrote:

Jovo wrote:

murksch wrote:

I am using my Canon 5D mark II often in street photography. Because of the not so good AF-system, more than some photos are not sharp on the subject, the house behind them is. ig white lens about 200mm long is like go birding with an M1 Abhram tank.

Street is usually about get in touch with your subject, go aside your quarry... interact with people and upper all... be discreet!

With a 200mm is people hunt.

Anyway good photography to everyone!

I, crossing from another world here, is currently eyeing 5DIII, other than D700, I have to agree, that AF is important in street photography, I need accurate and faster AF, but I also agree that it's not about gear that can make you a better photographer. it's more on your self

quite sometimes, I failed to lock focus on intended POI, but focus on other instead, not always, but percentage is big enough to make me worry

but... I don't shoot from the hip...

some of my work if you keen to visit

https://www.facebook.com/nisdanielphotography

Nis

NDaniel's gear list:NDaniel's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow