Dear Canon, please say something!

Started Feb 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Bernie_King Senior Member • Posts: 1,978
Re: Please get real

I suppose that depends on your definition (or more importantly Canon's definition) of high end.  Is a $2000 camera considered high end?  I don't think so.  Is a fast, sealed APS-C high end?  I'd call it mid level.  What Canon calls it, I don't know.  By your logic, there was really no reason to build the 7D in the first place.  They could've just given the 50D 19pt AF and been done.... and maybe that's what the 70D is and there won't be a 7D2.... Truth is that only Canon knows.  Only Canon knows what the true margins are on these products.  Maybe they haven't come out with a 7D2 because they were still milking the 7D for all they could.  My feeling is that by upgrading the features in the 70D they are finally signalling that a 7D2 is coming.  Otherwise, why bother?  Why not just do the same old small upgrades to the 60D and leave the 7D where it stood?

I personally hope they do.  I could swing a 5D3, but I don't want full frame.  I know Canon doesn't do things just for me, but there's got to be a sizable market out there that feels the same.  I also can't see spending $2700-$3000 on old technology in a used 1D IV.  Also, 6.5 fps is too slow.

Then again, they could make the camera we're all talking about and charge $3000 instead of $2000.  That would suck too

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow